Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti 2021 Quotes: India will celebrate the birth anniversary of 354th birth anniversary of the great Sikh guru – Guru Gobind Singh – on January 20 (Wednesday). Guru Gobind Singh is one of the ten preachers of the Sikh community who became a guru at the age of nine, after death of his father Guru Tegh Bahadur. The 10th Sikh master was born in 1666 in Patna Sahib in Bihar. A spiritual master, warrior, poet and philosopher, Guru Gobind Singh’s birth anniversary falls in either December or January, depending upon the lunar calendar. ALSO READ | Believe It Or Not! Astronomers Observe Distant Galaxy Dying As It Loses Its Fuel
Guru Gobind Singh was the one who introduced the five Ks–kangha, kesh, kachera, kara and kirpan–in Sikhism.
Guru Gobind Singh was born as Gobind Rai to Guru Teg Bahadur and Mata Gujri at Patna Sahib or Takht Sri Patna Sahib, now known as Patna. His teachings and wisdom have inspired and enlightened people across generations across the globe. The tenth Sikh Guru was assassinated in 1708, at the age of 41.
On Guru Gobind Singh’s Jayanti, Sikh community distribute food to the poor and those capable also do a lot of work for charity to uplift the unprivileged.
As per the Gregorian calendar, Guru Gobind Ji was born on December 22, 1666, however, his birth anniversary is celebrated as per a lunar calendar. It is said that throughout his lifetime, Guru Gobind Singh kept raising voice against injustice and also led the fight against Mughals. He was both a spiritual and military leader, who formed Khalsa, a military force of soldiers and saints.
Here’s a look at 10 inspirational quotes by Guru Gobind Singh
1. Sava Lakh Se Ek Ladaun Tabhi Gobind Singh Naam Kahaun [Call me Gobind Singh, only, when each of my Sikh will fight with more than one and a quarter lakh of enemy.]
2. He alone is a man who keeps his word: Not that he has one thing in the heart, and another on the tongue.
3. The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within.
4. Those who call me God, will fall into the deep pit of hell. Regard me as one of his slaves and have no doubt whatever about it. I am a servant of the Supreme Being; and have come to behold the wonderful drama of life.
5. The ignorant person is totally blind he does not appreciate the value of the jewel.
6. If you are strong, torture not the weak, And thus lay not the axe to thy empire.
7. Shed not recklessly the blood of another with thy sword, Lest the Sword on High falls upon thy neck.
8. In egotism, one is assailed by fear, he passes his life totally troubled by fear.
9. Blessed, blessed is the True Guru, who has given the supreme gift of the Name of the Lord
10. Meeting the True Guru, hunger departs, hunger does not depart by wearing the robes of a beggar.